The True Acupuncture Experience!
One of Tokyo’s leading acupuncture clinics, ACURA Acupuncture Clinic (Aoyama, Omotesando, Shibuya, Tokyo) is able to treat a wide range of ailments, thanks to our team of experienced professionals who specialize in several complementary fields. We take pride in providing the very best levels of personalized treatment to all our patients, going the extra mile in consulting carefully with everyone we see in order to tailor all treatment programs to the individual’s needs and condition. Your well-being is our goal – get in touch today!
Introductory Video of Acura Acupuncture Clinic
Our Acupuncture Treatment
Our treatments at ACURA Acupuncture Clinic are quite unique as our acupuncture treatment incorporates functional medicine/integrative medicine/mind body medicine to get the best results for our patient. Our patient-centered/healing critical approach to health provides thorough assessment of conventional practices and medications to avoid interference with any existing treatments you may be undergoing. There is no serious side effect, and, unlike many medications, the techniques used are non-invasive, non-toxic, meaning adverse reactions are minimal. We strive to provide a nurturing, supportive, and a healing atmosphere to enable our patient’s smooth recovery. Here are some of the benefits and advantages of receiving acupuncture treatment at our clinic.
Director, Taiken Jo
Our Director, Taiken Jo, is a graduate of Japan Orthopedic College and Japan Acupuncture & Moxibustion College. He is licensed to practice Acupuncture, Acupressure (Shiatsu), Moxibustion, and Bone-setting in Japan. Taiken is unique in his approach, as he comes from a family that has been practicing oriental medicine for several generations. He is experienced in both Chinese and Japanese traditional medicine. Because of his unique background and approach, he has helped many who have in the past shown little or no response to “traditional acupuncture” or other medical treatments. His style of acupuncture acknowledges the inherent characteristics, health problems, disease tendencies, strengths and weaknesses of each individual.
Taiken constructs a personalized therapy program for each of his patients, weaving each of his therapeutic disciplines together to form a better healing regimen. All of Taiken’s methods are drug free and based on amalgamations of the best of Western medical analysis with the most effective areas of acupuncture.
Taiken holds a certificate from the University of Arizona School of Integrative Medicine in Integrative Health. He also received professional training from the Domar Center for Mind/Body Health at Boston IVF, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
He is fully qualified and licensed in Japan with over 25 years of clinical experience.
Prior to his medical training, Jo-sensei graduated from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California
8 Key Benefits of Acupuncture
- Regulates hormones and body functions
- Eases pain
- Enhances the immune system
- Eliminates stress and improves sleep
- Improves work and sporting performance
- Elevates mood
- Relaxes muscles
- Improves Memory
7 Advantages of therapies used in our clinic
- Effective – research shows acupuncture, manipulation and the use of herbs to be at least as effective as conventional treatment for certain conditions.
- Safe – in comparison to Western medical drugs and surgery, the methods used in our clinic are harmless.
- Not invasive
- Do not create addictions
- Integrate with conventional medical treatments and medications to avoid interference with any treatment you are having now.
- No side effects. Unlike many medications, the techniques used are non-toxic, and adverse reactions are minimal.
Our specific areas of expertise
- Male & female fertility wellness
- Cosmetic acupuncture.
- Integrative Medicine/Functional Medicine
- Pain control.
- Stress reduction & relaxation.
- And many more – please visit our fact sheet (Other areas of expertise) for full details
Your well-being is our goal – get in touch today!