What is Gout?
Gout is a type of arthritis. People who usually get gout usually have a high level of uric acid in their blood. Uric acid can form crystals in joints like the toes, knees and fingers, causing pain and swelling. People most likely to get gout are middle-aged men, and women after menopause. Gout could come on very quickly, often at night.
Signs & Symptoms
- A joint that suddenly becomes hot, red and swollen.
- Joints that are extremely painful and sensitive to touch – sometimes even the weight of a bed sheet can be too much.
- You may also feel sick, lose your appetite or have a temperature.
You may have a high level of uric acid if you:
- Have a family history of gout
- Drink too much alcohol
- Are overweight
- Eat foods that can increase the level of uric acid in your blood
- Have certain health problems.
People who get gout attacks may also develop kidney problems later in life if their gout isn’t well controlled.
Stages of Gout
＊ ＊ ＊
- A gout attack usually starts in a single joint, often the big toe. Your ankle, foot, knee or hand may also be affected.
- Untreated, gout attacks last about a week. Some people get another attack soon after, but for others it may be months or years before another attack occurs.
- If you’ve had gout for many years, uric acid crystals may form small lumps (tophi) on your ears, toes, hands and elbows. Tophi are usually painless but over time can grow and may deform joints.
- If you don’t treat your gout correctly, the time between attacks can get shorter and more joints can be affected.
Nerve Disorder Bell’s Palsy (Facial Neuralgia) · Headache · Intercostal Neuralgia · Migraine · Numbness in hand and feet · Parkinson’s Disease · Shingles · Sciatica · Toothpain · Trigeminal Neuralgia Motor System Disorder Back Pain · Bursitis · Herniated Disk · Knee Pain · Neck Pain · Repetitive Motion Injuries· Sprained Ankle · Sports Injuries · Stiff Shoulder · Tempromandibular Disorders · Tennis Elbow · Thoracic Outlet Syndrome · Whip Lash Gastro-intestinal Disorder Anal Fissure · Constipation · Diarrhea · Gastritis · Gastroptosis · Hemorrhoid · Hepatitis · Indigestion · Irritable Bowel Syndrome · Kidney Stones · Stomatitis · Ulcer · Ulcerative Colitis Circulatory Disorder Cold Constitution · Edema · Heart Problems · Heartthrob · High Blood Pressure · Jaundice · Low Blood Pressure Endocrine Disorder Diabetes ·Thyroid Problem · Gout Respiratory Disorder Asthma · Bronchitis ·Common Cold · Coughing · Sore Throat ·Tonsillitis Urinary Disorder Cystitis · Enlarged prostate · Ejaculation Delayed & Premature · Frequent Urination · Impotence · Kidney Inflammation · Mastitis · Male Infertility · Urethritis Sensory System Disorder Deafness · Eczema ·Dermatitis · Dizziness · Eye fatigue/strain · Hayfever & Sinus · Meniere’s Disease · Myopia · Skin Infections · Tinnitus · Vertigo Gynecological Disorder Breech · Cold Constitution ·Dizziness · Endometritis · Endometriosis · Hysteromyoma · Infertility (Acura Fertility Treatment) · Mastopathy · Menopause · Menses · Menstrual Disorder · Morning Sickness (BBC News) Pediatric Disorder Asthma · Bedwetting · Diarrhea · Excessive Night Crying ·Indigestion · Thrush · Weak Constitution Other Disorder Allergies · Anxiety ·Autonomic Ataxia ·Breathlessness ·Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ·Hair Loss · Hernia · Insomnia · Sleeping Disorder · Multiple Sclerosis · Osteoporosis · Physical Condition Improvement · Psychosomatic Disorder · Quit Smoking · Stress Management ·Weight Control＊ ＊ ＊